TRACK

Friday, August 13, 2010

A Home Sweet Home For Chaz


Chaz hanging out at our place shortly before we took him to his new home.

I'm happy to report that Daisy and I found a good home for Chaz, the sort-of-stray cat we rescued last month.

A kind American woman had been looking for an adult cat, saw my ad on Prague.tv, and is surprising her son when he returns from the mountains on Friday.

As you may remember, we actually found Chaz's previous owners living in the nearby village of Statenice (his name was Sassy then -- not a good name for a male cat). They were just about to return home to Britain and seemed kinda happy to have their cat back, but inexplicably had done nothing in the way of ensuring that Chaz/Sassy would return home with them.

It's not that complicated, people.

Anyway, they promised to get in touch once they returned to the U.K., but predictably, I never heard a single word from either of them for more than two weeks. I had written them e-mails, messages on Facebook, and sent text messages. No reply.

Pretty irresponsible, in my opinion.

I figured I'd never hear anything from them, but the day after we found Chaz a new home, I finally got a message on Facebook from one of the owners, apologizing for not getting in touch, blah blah blah.

Too late.

I will give them credit for reimbursing us for the costs of the surgery on Chaz's ear, from an infection he acquired while he was out on his own, but that's the only credit I will give them.

If you count Oscar, Chaz is the fifth stray cat we've rescued in the past two years or so. I think we need to put up one of these signs outside our front gate:

No comments:

Post a Comment