TRACK

Friday, June 4, 2010

Breakfast In America (And Other Delights)



Daisy, Emma and I took a trip home to the United States recently. Of course, food and drink is always a big part of the adventure.

I miss American food, and visiting local diners and neighborhood restaurants is always high on my agenda. There's nothing I enjoy more than sitting down in a booth at an old-fashioned diner, ordering scrambled eggs, sausage, rye toast, and coffee, and reading the local newspaper.

Whenever I'm on vacation, I also end up taking pictures of a lot of the food I eat. (Funny, there was a story in "The New York Times" while we were there about this very practice. Most people think I'm a little strange, but I don't take photos of every meal!)

One of the highlights of our trip to the U.S. was a visit to Holsten's Ice Cream Parlor in Bloomfield, N.J., where they filmed the controversial last scene of "The Sopranos" (below).

Their vanilla malt is to die for (no pun intended).

1 comment:

  1. I loved that story! Did you look at the slideshow of all the photos people sent in for the feature "What are you eating right now?" Total inspiration!

    ReplyDelete