TRACK

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Have Cigar, Will Pose


A few weeks ago I was asked by my friend Lindsay Taylor at the Prague Film & Theater Center if I'd like to be one of the models for a photo shoot by Belgian-based Fab Longo of GO Photography and his colleague, Vito Motiv, from Luxembourg.

I'd seen some of their rather unusual work before on Facebook and so I jumped at the chance, not knowing exactly what I was getting myself in for. All I knew was that they were using a moody ad for "Boardwalk Empire," featuring an intimidating-looking Steve Buscemi, as their inspiration for the night.

I wore my best suit, brought a few cigars and a pipe as props, and had a blast as Fab and Vito used a green screen, a smoke machine, and a few tricks in post-production to produce the photographs that you see here. I thought you'd get a kick out of them just as much as I did. Funny that I keep getting typecast as the mean, obnoxious, intimidating middle-aged guy, which seems to be about the only part that I'm asked to play in the few film roles I've had the pleasure to be involved in.

I'm also including a few final shots of the other models I was working with that night -- Paul Dean (Bleeding Eyes), Jay DeYonker (the hoodlum), Gayle Roberts (Edith Piaf), and Žéna Lí (um, well, you decide what she is in that crazy shot!).

Anyway, I believe Fab and Vito are planning an exhibition of their work in Prague soon, so I'll keep you posted.










No comments:

Post a Comment