TRACK

Thursday, July 25, 2013

My Small Collection Of Old Radios


I collect old radios.

I'm not sure what it is about old radios that I find so appealing. The design, for sure. I'm an Art Deco fan, and radio designs from the 1930s seem to encapsulate all of Art Deco's elements in a miniature little package.

There's also a romantic attraction to all the foreign cities often listed on the dials. And the idea that families used to gather around these radios to listen to the news or serials.

I should say that I used to collect old radios. I haven't added to my collection in awhile, although I've certainly come across quite a few wonderful specimens in antique shops here in the Czech Republic. It pains me to pass them by, but I simply don't have any place to display them.
   
I thought I'd share my small collection here. I don't really know anything about them, other than their brand names. Two of them are Philcos, one is a General Electric, and the big floor model is a Silvertone.

I'd be happy if anyone knows anything else about these models.




No comments:

Post a Comment