TRACK

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Check Out This Blog If You Know What's Good For You


Radek and Hilary in Croatia, on the way to Albania.

I want to call your attention to a fantastic blog, written by my good friends Radek and Hilary over at Motorbike Ventures.

They're the folks who helped me find and buy my own motorcycle here in Prague. They rent motorcycles for those looking for a European adventure, and also do what they did for me -- help locate a suitable motorcycle and then negotiate not only the price, but also the Czech bureaucracy in terms of getting the bike registered.

Radek and Hilary don't just help others to have fun. They also travel themselves throughout Europe on their motorcycles, and Hilary's been writing a very entertaining account of the trip they took to Croatia, Montenegro and Albania last summer.

It's amazing. Great details. Evocative descriptions. And wonderful photographs.

Check it out here. The pictures I've published with this post are from their blog.



If you have any interest in traveling by motorcycle, you won't be disappointed.

I hope Daisy and I can take a few overnight trips on my Honda Shadow 600 this summer, even if it's only within the Czech Republic.

In the meantime, I will continue to dream about riding to Albania. I sure wish I'd had my bike when they were planning that trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment